Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year Resolutions

Again!!!

If you are anything like me, every year at the dawn of the 1st of Jan, you start scribbling down a whole new list of resolutions to keep for the year ahead. And every year by the middle somewhere, or sooner at times, you lose track of your goals and let go. Sound familiar? That's me with most of my resolutions...

But being in our nature we never give up, at least I know for sure that me, myself have had a bit too many of those resolutions carried on year after year with no determination to fulfill them. A few I did cross last couple of years are, first, get my root canal done- Yup! had it on the list for two freaking years and lived with a hole in my tooth before I could find the courage to visit a dentist, but did it and guess what? I really wasn't scary at all. Another one was to learn to swim, yeah! Did it after living off pools and beaches for 25 years and now I cannot imagine not diving into any water body I spot.

Many though, like, hmm... get over my fear of driving or get rid of the muffin top for good, even eat healthy all the time, do more yoga and similar are a few that have constantly been ignored by me, so much so that at times I wonder why am I not giving up on these, since I sure as hell am not working towards checking them off.

This year, there is all this buzz about the year 2013, and how some people fear number 13 and find it unlucky or get scared of it. There is all this talk and between all that, I have also heard a lot many people say how they will take this year as a challenge and turn the number 13 around or go crazy and be bold (now, that's what I'm talking about!!)

So, I have decided to take the plunge and this year be positive towards my approach, to take it one day, one week and one month at a time and make this a memorable year, also because this will be my last year in my twenties and I will soon be called a 30 something (scary enough) I have decided to get my list done with for good!

So here is my list of resolutions for 2013-

1. work out 200 days at least in the whole year (do-able, right?)
2. work towards being more positive in life (hmm...too much sharing?)
3. brush my dogs teeth more often (I know!)
4. run 1000kms (what am I thinking )
5. color my hair wild and get a crazy hair cut- real crazy (yeah!)
6. be less lazy, watch less TV (read: keep up with my editorial calendar)
7. eat healthy at least 5 days a week (I can do that [rolling eyes])
8. learn to ski
9. learn a new language/ dance
10. work towards my designing career more

I am sure there are a zillion more things I wanna do...but for now I am gonna try and check this list off so I can move forward with a confidence that I am not a quitter and I do not give up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...