Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spring Summer 2012: Diane von Furstenberg

A little late in posting my favorites from the DVF show, blame it on my slow internet connection, but again, better late than never. So here it is...DVF opened with a series of all-white looks: a gauzy pantsuit, a lace frock, a drapey kimono dress cinched with a utility belt. Her prints, which were legion, were positively exuberant. She focused mainly on florals: green and royal oversize Marimekko-style bursts on a sleeveless white dress, smaller white buds on a blood orange jumpsuit, Wedgwood patterns on a sweatshirt and knee-length skirt. The variety of pattern was remarkable, if not a bit overwhelming. Via style.com


What I loved the most in her collection were the bold prints, the florals and color combinations. My favorite pieces are by far the powder blue lace jumpsuit, the blue on white overall patterned dress, the whole retro themed collection with solids, which had the pockets outside, the layering. Also one of my favorites is the bold floral print in blue and red. The whites were fabulous, structured garments for the woman who prefers straight cut statement pieces. I specially loved the jackets. All in all, can’t wait for spring 2012 to arrive, with such beautiful garments to be adorned.














Photos via Style.com

1 comment:

marykapsi said...

Hey I found your blog via your group in IFB :) I'm following you via blogger plz do the same for me :D
http://maryfashionlove.blogspot.com/
Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...